Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Beans,Chard and Lettuce

Oh my! We have been getting inundated with green beans.
Every day we go out and the little plants are loaded down with them.
Luckily we all love them. We have some plants at the community garden plot
too, we'll go up tonight to see how it's all growing.
We have also picked a cucumber and a green zucchini and a yellow
squash is ready out back too.The swiss chard is gorgeous and keeps looking
like nobody has bothered to pick any within an hour of harvest.
The corn was way more than "knee high on the Fourth of July",
so I'm thinking it will be a good year for it too.

3 comments:

Sandra Lundy said...

Swiss Chard...sounds so good...one of my favorites. It's hard to find down here (when it is in the store, it's outrageously expensive). I usually plant it in early spring and we get a bit that way, then we wait for next spring ;)

Anonymous said...

Kate, yes, you're right - it's Darwin and he was married to a Wedgewood.

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious!

Thanks for the comment on my blog, I'll definitely be adding you to my "must-read" list!