Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Long Time No Post

Spring is upon us here in the Garden State, and this year finds us busier
than ever! This weekend was the local Ag Day, and the weather is heating up!
We have a decent sized garden here in our backyard, and Farmer Dad
maintains a garden plot at a local college's Community Garden as part of their Organic
Garden Club. This year, Princess and I will have a small (10'x10') plot in our town's
Community Garden as well. It is right near the library, so pretty convenient for me. ;-)
Last night Farmer Dad and I went up to help with the "Fence Raising" and start a flower
bed around the new sign the town put in for us..it looks so official! It was great!
So many local companies have donated materials and it looks like it will be a wonderful season!
I have some photos from around our yard, although I completely forgot to bring my camera last night to the Community Garden.Have I told you our cherry trees are in full bloom?



It's Cherry Blossom Time here in our little corner of the Garden State!

We've been eating asparagus every night for dinner!

2 comments:

Tara said...

You are an ambitious gardener!

Everything looks great..... if I lived next door to you I would make my way to your asparagus patch in the dark of night and pinch some for myself!!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

I am asparagus green with envy! One of these days I will have to grow some on my own. The cherry blossoms are soooo lovely.
♥, Susan