Friday, March 20, 2009

First Day of Spring

It's the first day of spring.





My plan was to bring my hot cup





of tea outside and watch the birdies.
It is snowing.



So I am sitting inside watching the squirrels eat
the bird's food instead.

Life, as they say, is what happens when you make plans!



Ode To Spring

It snowed today
Again
Like yesterday
And once more
Snow tomorrow
A harsh winter
That's what they say
Colder than it's ever been
Snow like we've never seen
Spring... it will be late
But I will wait,
for like fate
Spring always follows
Spring always comes
Spring has never failed me
Even under 6 feet of sorrow
No matter how long I burrow
Spring somehow always finds me
by Sonya Florentino

2 comments:

Victoria Williams said...

Snowing on the first day of spring. In the Garden State. There's something wrong with that!

Jennifer said...

I am not thrilled about the dusting of snow we received last night, either.

NOT THRILLED. NOT!!!