Monday, November 3, 2008

Autumn's last tomato


We picked our last tomato from the garden
this weekend.










I actually picked about 6 of them.This one is the last.

We cleaned that bit of the garden up and
still have the row of peppers to do. Farmer Dad and Princess began the process,
but got into a game of frisbee and then some horse shoes, and then there was football and
projects waiting inside. I'm not complaining, she will only be 6 once, and one day much too
soon, we will have all the time in the world to get our chores done.
I still have lettuce to start, and some other "winter" crops I'd like to get moving on.
I will keep you all posted on the progress. Meanwhile, Farmer Dad was "mowing" the lawn
for leaves and such, and all I could smell was this...
Ahhhh......the scent of cedar.

2 comments:

tina said...

Great scent indeed.

JGH said...

Nice size tomatoes - will they ripen do you think?